Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two new mods released: Shores of Death, and Evil Temple.

Page: 1 of 1
 messkell
08-28-2004, 6:58 PM
I have just released my next two mods called the "Shores of Death" , and "Evil Temple" at pcgamemods.

Here are the features/details of each mod:

Evil Temple v1.0
--------------------------
A mod for SW:KOTOR that allows the player to enter the rakatan
temple on the unknown world in solo mode or with any party
members of his/her choice.

Also, it gives the player the opportunity to turn juhani to the dark
side during the temple summit confrontation with bastila.

Shores of Death v 1.0
-----------------------------
Were you annoyed with the dark side showdown with your party
members on the unknown world beach?

examples: watching carth run... having to kill mission...

this mod changes all that...
now, you can kill carth, spare mission, kill some party members...
or kill them Alll!!! ...except for bastila, of course.

Note: this mod is not a standard override directory installation.
It requires the backing up of two original files(.rim/.mod) prior to
installation.

both mods are compatible with one another.
so, if you turn juhani to the dark side, you will have her in your
party for the unknown beach showdown.

as always, feeback and comments are most welcome :)

thanks,

messkell
 Mono_Giganto
08-28-2004, 7:15 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW! Nice job. :)
 T7nowhere
08-28-2004, 7:39 PM
Sounds cool. i'll definately try these out If I ever play the game through to unknown agian ;)
 shosey
08-28-2004, 8:04 PM
sounds great! I'm thinking about playing through my new darkside character - so I may give this a whirl :)
 messkell
08-28-2004, 8:34 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW! Nice job. :)

Thanks for the compliment, Mono_Giganto :)

Originally posted by T7nowhere
Sounds cool. i'll definately try these out If I ever play the game through to unknown agian ;)

I know what mean... I'm tired of playing kotor :)

Originally posted by shosey
sounds great! I'm thinking about playing through my new darkside character - so I may give this a whirl :)

Shosey, it's funny that you mentioned "whirl"...jolee uses that spell if you pick a certain dialogue line after you turn juhani to the dark side :)
 RedHawke
08-29-2004, 12:00 AM
All I have to say is WOW!!! :eek:

I'll definately give these a try the next time I'm on the unknown world! :D
 Cerasumat
08-29-2004, 2:21 AM
WHOA NICE :eek: too bad i never play dark-side (all your light side points are belong to me)

------- SEMI OFF-TOPIC------

This mod has me wondering: Is it possible to make a mod that prevents Bastila from being captured by Malek ? Ever since i first completed KotoR i thought it was a shame Bastila got captured and you cannot have her in the party anymore.

Here is a possible alternate scenario:

- Leviathan (correct spelling?) scene as normal
- Bastila not running in to fight Malak and "save" you.
- Some thing/one distracting Malak insted of Bastila and shutting the door ( Trask's brother? :p )
- rest of the Leviathan scene as normal.
- maybe some extra dialogue on the Ebon Hawk post escape.
- Dark Jedi Masters on top of the temple insted of Bastila.
- Dark Jedi Masters in Star Forge control room like when you go Dark-Side

Sorry if this seems misplaced but the big changes of this mod made me think of it :D
 Darth Dex
08-29-2004, 6:12 AM
Sweet, this is the best mod ever!!!!!!
 messkell
08-29-2004, 6:43 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
All I have to say is WOW!!! :eek:

I'll definately give these a try the next time I'm on the unknown world! :D

RedHawke, Thanks for the kind word..."WOW!!!" , I appreciate it :)

Originally posted by Darth Dex
Sweet, this is the best mod ever!!!!!!

Darth Dex, I'm glad you liked the mod. thanks :)
 messkell
08-29-2004, 7:07 AM
Originally posted by Cerasumat
WHOA NICE :eek: too bad i never play dark-side (all your light side points are belong to me)

Fair enough. I'll take your dark side points :)

------- SEMI OFF-TOPIC------

This mod has me wondering: Is it possible to make a mod that prevents Bastila from being captured by Malek ? Ever since i first completed KotoR i thought it was a shame Bastila got captured and you cannot have her in the party anymore.

Here is a possible alternate scenario:

- Leviathan (correct spelling?) scene as normal
- Bastila not running in to fight Malak and "save" you.
- Some thing/one distracting Malak insted of Bastila and shutting the door ( Trask's brother? :p )
- rest of the Leviathan scene as normal.
- maybe some extra dialogue on the Ebon Hawk post escape.
- Dark Jedi Masters on top of the temple insted of Bastila.
- Dark Jedi Masters in Star Forge control room like when you go Dark-Side

Sorry if this seems misplaced but the big changes of this mod made me think of it :D [/QUOTE]

It's funny that you would mention this because I made a working version of the leviathan/bastila capture some time ago.

The showdown with malak consisted of two rounds of combat, and then bastila choking him until he falls.

I haven't released the mod because it consists of 3 .rim modules, and I plan on changing the battle scene :)
 En liten mus
08-29-2004, 9:53 AM
Wow i have always whanted to kill my whole team on the unknown world shore in the end.....fun fun fun.....AWSOME WORk
 En liten mus
08-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Just one question...its been a while since i was on the unknown world and....well can you keep Hk-47 in your team or do you hafto kill him too...like i said i have no memory of the unknown world :o :D
 messkell
08-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by En liten mus
Just one question...its been a while since i was on the unknown world and....well can you keep Hk-47 in your team or do you hafto kill him too...like i said i have no memory of the unknown world :o :D

En liten mus, there are a few "kill" options to choose from in this mod. One of the options does not involve butchering HK-47 :)
 En liten mus
08-29-2004, 10:44 AM
yay nice...... Hks my favorite

YES im a sith probe...shure beats being bathna fodder :D :) :D
 Cerasumat
08-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by messkell
Fair enough. I'll take your dark side points :)

It's funny that you would mention this because I made a working version of the leviathan/bastila capture some time ago.

The showdown with malak consisted of two rounds of combat, and then bastila choking him until he falls.

I haven't released the mod because it consists of 3 .rim modules, and I plan on changing the battle scene :)

Can i somehow persuade you to make this your next "project" ? because id really like to see this :D

<Gives messkell all his Dark-Side points>
 Colma Adawin
08-29-2004, 2:15 PM
dude im not one for DS but im DEFENETLY GOING TO DL the Evil Temple mod.....ooops too late :p hehe i was thinking of requestinmg this type of mod, but im glad i didnt have to, Thanx bud :D:D:D:D i for one hope you stay at the forums to the very end and i also wish the chance for us to work on a mod together, but at the moment i cant (my mod) and im going to assume you've got a mod idea in the works :D:D

MattCole
 messkell
08-29-2004, 3:50 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
dude im not one for DS but im DEFENETLY GOING TO DL the Evil Temple mod.....ooops too late :p hehe i was thinking of requestinmg this type of mod, but im glad i didnt have to, Thanx bud :D:D:D:D i for one hope you stay at the forums to the very end and i also wish the chance for us to work on a mod together, but at the moment i cant (my mod) and im going to assume you've got a mod idea in the works :D:D

MattCole

MattCole, you don't have to follow the path of dark side with this
mod...it has all the original standard lightside dialogue lines to
choose from. Just enter the temple with any party members you
want, and follow the path of the lightside. I simply named the mod "evil temple" because of the encounters w/ the dark jedis, bastila, and a new option to turn juhani to the darkside :)

Currently, I have a few mods in progress, and have some ideas
for new mods that I might implement later on ...

anyway, thank you for your comments, I appreciate it ....and perhaps in the near future we can work together on a new mod :)

messkell
 maverick187
08-29-2004, 3:56 PM
Good stuff, messkell
 messkell
08-29-2004, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by Cerasumat
Can i somehow persuade you to make this your next "project" ? because id really like to see this :D

<Gives messkell all his Dark-Side points>

Cerasumat, I haven't abandoned the mod....I'm just working on
a few other mods at the current moment :)
Page: 1 of 1