Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Work in progress: HK-47 with melee combat animations

Page: 1 of 1
 TheMunchkinLord
08-25-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm working on getting HK-47 to actually move when he attacks with melee weapons.. It's easy enough to get him to equip and attack with melee weapons with an item mod, but he becomes static when equipped with such weapons, so I'm looking to give him some melee combat animations :)

If anyone has any knowledge in this area, or would like to get in on this project, feel free to contact me.

Also, if this has already been done that anyone knows of, please post a reply so I don't rehash someone else's work.
 Achilles
08-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by TheMunchkinLord
I'm working on getting HK-47 to actually move when he attacks with melee weapons.. It's easy enough to get him to equip and attack with melee weapons with an item mod, but he becomes static when equipped with such weapons, so I'm looking to give him some melee combat animations :)

If anyone has any knowledge in this area, or would like to get in on this project, feel free to contact me.

Also, if this has already been done that anyone knows of, please post a reply so I don't rehash someone else's work.
No one has done this because animations haven't been cracked. If you have managed this, please share your methods with the forum. I know a few people who would love to have that information :D

Thanks!
 Mono_Giganto
08-26-2004, 4:48 PM
Me, for one, I want to see a Jedi Tach!
 Hybris
08-26-2004, 7:48 PM
Tech Jedi well if that happens then we know where to get our jedi replacements or buy a jedi monkey to watch your car your famuily and your bananas.:D
 Darth Dex
08-26-2004, 9:26 PM
I think That would be cool to give malak's animations to revan.
 En liten mus
08-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Why not chanche malaks apperance to Uniqe_revan using the KT...

but then you would have the conversations/dialogs to mixture with :D

I had a thought a while ago...why not chance place? You fight lord revan instead of malak and you are malak...but ther is so many impossibl e things to fix and edit....BTW i knew i was dreaming :D :D
 Darth333
08-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by En liten mus
Why not chanche malaks apperance to Uniqe_revan using the KT...

but then you would have the conversations/dialogs to mixture with :D

I had a thought a while ago...why not chance place? You fight lord revan instead of malak and you are malak...but ther is so many impossibl e things to fix and edit....BTW i knew i was dreaming :D :D
Animations are attached to a model. If you change the appearance, you change the model. So you are back to square 1...
 TheMunchkinLord
08-29-2004, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
No one has done this because animations haven't been cracked. If you have managed this, please share your methods with the forum. I know a few people who would love to have that information :D

Thanks!

That's what I'm hoping to do :)

The basic process so far: I import the models to 3DS Max v5 with 2 different Neverwinter Nights plugins, the one from Bioware and NWmax. Taking data/info from each, now I try to superimpose the HK-47 mesh onto another character's "skeleton", since the animations are loaded into 3DS Max along with the meshes. Figuring out how to align the new mesh and export properly is where most of the work will have to be done.
Page: 1 of 1