Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Name and description of force powers

Page: 1 of 1
 KnightFxr
08-19-2004, 2:26 PM
I'm relatively new to modding this game, so I haven't had much time to comb through the scripts yet, but I've been playing around with force power mods. I saw that everyone was sort of frustrated that you couldn't incorporate the force name and description in game, and had to revert to using odd dialog.tlk string references. I've been tweaking Darth Khasei's dark lord force powers mod (because lets face it, you can't beat the hurricane!), and I managed to incorporate his names and descriptions into the game. I did so by adding about 30 strings to the end of the dialog.tlk file, and then referencing them in spells.2da.

My question is this: has anyone tried this and saw any major crashing issues ingame, or can anyone who knows the scripts pretty well see any potential issues with this? I've been playing for a few days with it like this and so far nothing has gone wrong. I honestly can't forsee anything happening since I added the strings to the end of the .tlk file. But again, I haven't had time to comb through the scripts as much as you all.

And if anyone wants a copy of my dialog.tlk or spells.2da file, I can put up a link to them (however I highly highly recommend you back up your dialog.tlk first). You of course should probably have Khasei's mod as well.
 *Atris*
08-19-2004, 2:29 PM
there isnt a problem with using dlg.tlk file except is a big file to download
 Darth333
08-19-2004, 2:35 PM
No, I have discussed that with Darth Khasei and tk102: the reason why we did not incorporate this with new force powers was to make the download easily available (.tlk is 5 mb and not everyone has broadband). I was thinking of making an additional download with a .tlk for the next release of the All-In-One force Power mod - available at pcgamemods.com - which includes all Darth Khasei's force powers and much more (I will not modify anything without obtaining DK's permission first) - I am adding a few things - . Anyways, the All-in-one force power mod has descriptions for all powers already but slightly different than the name of the power.

Now, if you want to make this .tlk available, you have to get DK's permission first.
 KnightFxr
08-19-2004, 2:53 PM
No, I have discussed that with Darth Khasei and tk102: the reason why we did not incorporate this with new force powers was to make the download easily available (.tlk is 5 mb and not everyone has broadband).

The .tlk zipped or .rar-ed can't be more than 1MB.

Now, if you want to make this .tlk available, you have to get DK's permission first.

I wouldn't dream of doing so without permission.
Page: 1 of 1